If you’ve recently decided to get sober, it may feel like a struggle to come up with fun, sober activities! In time, sober activities will become normal, and it will be second nature to exclude substance and alcohol use from recreational activities. While you’re making the transition from your old lifestyle to sobriety, it can be hard to come up with fun new things to do that allow you to hang out with your friends, be social, and enjoy life without using drugs or alcohol.
While the transition to fun, sober activities can feel tough at first, you’ll get the hang of it quickly. Sharing your sobriety goals with supportive friends can be a great way to keep yourself on track during social times. At Promises Five Palms, we’re here to help you get a jump start on your sober lifestyle. Let’s check out some ideas for keeping your weekends fun without using.
Fun Sober Activities
When you’re adjusting to your new lifestyle, it’s a good idea to participate in fun, sober activities. You must maintain a social life with people who are supportive of your recovery goals. If you feel comfortable, talking to your friends about your need to stay sober can help keep you on the right track. There are many ways that you can enjoy time with your friends without using alcohol or drugs, including:
- Live music: Whether you attend small live music venues or go to large concerts, seeing live music is a great way to socialize with friends without using drugs or alcohol. If you’re in the early stages of recovery, you may want to stay away from live music venues where alcohol is present.
- Adult sports leagues: A great way to spend time with others without using drugs or alcohol is to participate in adult sports leagues. The exercise you get will get your feel-good endorphins flowing, and you’ll bond with others over a common goal.
- Escape rooms: Escape rooms are becoming popular in the United States, and you likely have one within driving distance. You and your friends will work inside a room to use clues to solve a mystery and find your way out. After you finish the puzzle, grabbing dinner together can be a great way to wrap up the evening.
Ready to Make the Change? Help is Here.
When you’re ready to make the transition from getting wasted on the weekends to fun sober activities with your friends, Promises Five Palms is here to help. When you start treatment with us, you’ll meet with your counselor to discuss your treatment plan. Most of our clients find that they thrive when using several modalities of treatment. Some of our treatment options at Promises Five Palms include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
Call Promises Five Palms and Let Your New Life Begin
If you’ve been struggling with drugs and/or alcohol, you’re not alone. Addiction is common, and it’s highly treatable. It can take some time to learn how to live a new, sober life. At Promises Five Palms, we’ll give you the tools you need to stay in recovery. Call us at 1.844.675.1022 to talk with a caring member of our admissions staff about our programs. When you get treatment at Promises Five Palms, we’ll be with you from the first phone call to the day you walk out the door. Addiction can be hard to overcome, but you don’t have to do this on your own. We’re here to help you get your life back, one healthy decision at a time.