Addiction is an unpredictable disease impacting everyone differently. These differences vary between genders as well as individuals. Therefore, you must understand how a men’s rehab program can help you. Thankfully, most addiction treatment programs utilize some gender-based care. Work with us at Five Palms to get the care that you need to recover.
How Addiction Impacts Men
Addiction impacts men in different ways than it does women. For example, men often abuse substances in a group setting making them susceptible to peer pressure often using drugs to fit in with friends.
Addiction often starts as a primarily physical situation. Men often abuse substances for emotional reasons as well as for pleasure. As a result, rehab can be quite complicated for many men.
Therefore, a men’s rehab program is often much different than that of a woman. They must focus on the unique aspects that influence male addiction. Just as importantly, they must work to give each client the care that they need to feel satisfied. Thankfully, our program can help you recover satisfyingly.
Benefits of a Men’s Rehab Program
Men often struggle to accept the need for rehab. For example, studies found that 90 percent of those who need treatment do not get it. Often, men avoid rehab because of career or family obligations or simply out of pride. However, a men’s rehab program provides benefits that cannot be understated. Just a few ways rehab helps recovery include:
- Identifying your abuse triggers – People often abuse drugs for specific reasons
- Alienation from drugs – Rehab takes you out of abuse situations and puts you into a caring environment
- Health management – Male rehab focuses heavily on improving your physical health
- Mental health treatment – Learn why you abuse drugs and treat underlying symptoms
- Behavior adjustment – Change abusive patterns to become healthier and free from drug abuse
These benefits help men like you overcome drug dependency. And while you are getting treatment, you can also meet new friends who can support your recovery. Addiction treatment is often a lot like raising a child: it may take a village. So don’t be afraid to get help from loved ones and friends to ensure you beat drug abuse for good.
How to Find a Rehab Program For Men
Seeking out a rehab program requires a little research. You need to take the time to understand the demands of this process fully. Then, you must work with professionals to get the high-quality care that you deserve. Just a few factors to consider when choosing a program include:
- Location – Try to find a center that meets your location needs
- Treatments – A rehab program for men will vary based on the methods utilized
- Payment options – Verify your insurance with a rehab before you attend
- Inpatient or outpatient options – Seek out a care center that provides the right treatment schedule
So make sure to research each men’s rehab program carefully. The trick is to always keep your best interests in mind when doing research. You also need to seek out treatment options that seem to fit your personality and lifestyle. Doing so increases your chances of success.
We Can Help You
If you are interested in a men’s rehab program, please contact us at Five Palms today. Call 1.844.675.1022 to learn more about our many services. We provide care for PTSD, depression, mood disorders, personality disorders, and anxiety. Our specialists understand how to help you overcome addiction in a potent and concentrated way. We care about you and want you to have your best life.