From time to time, life gets overwhelming. Personal issues, work issues, and mental health problems sometimes seem to converge in a way that makes coping hard. If you’re struggling with stress management, you’re not alone. Many people turn to unhealthy ways of dealing with stress. To get through stress in a positive, productive way, you should have stress management techniques on hand to help you through hard times. If you feel like life has become too challenging to manage healthily, help is available. At Promises Five Palms, we provide professional treatment for anxiety, depression, trauma, and more. Let’s take a look at some healthy stress management techniques to help you when the going gets tough.
Stress Management Techniques
Sometimes, stress can feel overwhelming. If you deal with mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, or trauma, you may feel like you’ll never be able to fight your way out once stress overwhelms you. When you use stress management techniques, you’re ready to take some control back, helping you get on your feet. Next time stress rears its ugly head, and you feel yourself beginning to spiral, try some of these techniques to help you clear your head.
- Control your environment: When you create a space that makes you feel good, your mind may begin to calm. Cleaning your area, creating good smells (this can be as simple as lighting a candle), opening a window, and turning off the TV in favor of some relaxing music can go a long way in helping to manage your stress.
- Sweat it out: When you feel stressed out, exercise may be the last thing you feel like doing. It can be tempting to sit on the couch and ignore your stress, but that doesn’t help. Getting some sweaty movement in – even if it’s just a 10-minute power walk around the block – can calm your stress hormones and help you see things from a new perspective.
- Take care of yourself: Self-care isn’t just about massages and pedicures. When stress gets to you, take extra care to ensure that you’re hydrated, getting enough sleep, eating foods that make you feel good, and surrounding yourself with people who lift you up rather than bring you down.
Treatment at Promises Five Palms
While everyone deals with stress from time to time, it can spiral into anxiety and depression for many people. If you’re struggling with a mental health issue, treatment at a professional facility can help get your life back on track. At Promises Five Palms, we’re proud to offer our clients mental health treatment that can help them turn things around. When you come to our facility for treatment, you’ll meet with your counselor to discuss your mental health needs. Many of our clients find that they thrive by using several different modalities of treatment, including:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
You Don’t Have To Do This Alone. We Can Help.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed with depression, anxiety, or trauma, you don’t have to figure this out alone. At Promises Five Palms, we dedicate ourselves to helping our clients make it out on the other side of mental health struggles. Just like someone who is dealing with a physical illness, mental illness needs treatment to improve. We’re here to help. Call us today at 1.844.675.1022 to talk with our admissions team about how our treatment programs can help you get your life back. You deserve to be healthy and happy, and help is just a phone call away.