In both mental health and drug/ alcohol treatment, specialists talk about the benefits of a family program. Addiction is rarely a disease that only affects one person. Family members may even play a role in the continuation of addiction. At Promises Five Palms, it’s important to us to involve family in mental health and substance abuse treatment whenever possible. When loved ones are on board with a treatment program, it can make it easier to stay on track after you return home and deal with the stressors of everyday life. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of a family program in mental health and substance abuse treatment.
Benefits of a Family Program
It can feel odd to think of including your family in your treatment, but the benefits of a family program are infinite. Some of the benefits of a family program include:
- Support: When your family sees the hard work you’re putting into getting well, they’ll be more likely to support your efforts. This support can be a huge help when you return home to your everyday life.
- Understanding: A therapist can help your family understand what you’re going through. They may have the words you struggle to find to explain how you’re feeling, and how the actions and/or words of your family members have been hurtful.
- Facilitated Communication: In family therapy, you won’t have to try to explain things to your family members on your own. Your therapist will be there with you, helping you and your family members to understand one another.
- Education: Often, family members don’t have a good understanding of mental health issues. A qualified professional can help to explain to your family the chemical and psychological factors that play into mental health issues.
Treatment at Promises Five Palms
When you decide to enter treatment at Promises Five Palms, you’ll meet with your counselor to create a treatment plan that makes sense for you. Each of our clients is an individual, and our treatment plans must reflect that. With your counselor, you’ll discuss your mental health history and any other issues that are important to consider while you get treatment.
We know that it can be nerve-wracking to open up to a stranger, and our counselors make the process as comfortable as possible. We listen, care, and never judge. We’ll be there with you every step of the way throughout your treatment.
At Promises Five Palms, we offer several modalities of treatment, including:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
Throughout your treatment at Promises Five Palms, you’ll regularly meet with your counselor to assess your progress toward your goals. We’ll adjust your treatment plan as needed to ensure that you’re taking the most efficient path toward getting where you want to be.
Ready To Start Treatment? We’re Here To Help.
If you’re ready to get your life back on track, we’re here to help. Whether you’re struggling with a mental health issue, substance use, drinking, or a combination of these issues, we can help you achieve the sober, healthy life you deserve. When you call us at 1.844.675.1022, you’ll talk with one of our admissions counselors about how we can help you. We know that it can be hard to reach out for help. By researching treatment options, you’re already taking the first step toward making a positive change in your life. Don’t wait another day to let the rest of your life begin. Call us to learn more about how we can provide the help you need.