Dealing with an addiction as a woman presents different challenges than for men. Although a coed addiction treatment program can be effective, some women experience greater success with a women’s rehab. Read on to learn more about the importance of finding a women’s rehab center in Florida and if gender-specific treatment may be right for you.
If you are considering women-only addiction treatment, reach out to Promises Five Palms. Although our treatment center offers mixed-gender programs, we also provide specialized men’s and women’s rehab in Ormond Beach. Call us today at 1.844.675.1022 to learn more about how our gender-specific treatment can benefit your recovery.
The Importance of Women-Specific Rehab
You may wonder if choosing a Florida women’s rehab center is necessary. The bottom line is that men’s and women’s addiction treatment needs are different. To get the best and most effective treatment for addiction, you must choose a program tailored to your needs. For many women, a gender-specific program provides the best results.
How are women’s recovery needs different than men’s?
- Women engage in substance abuse for different reasons than men, requiring a different treatment approach. Some use substances to lose weight or manage mental health conditions like PTSD from abuse.
- Many women struggling with addiction are involved in abusive relationships. They may need trauma therapy and assistance finding a safe home away from their abusive partner.
- Some women develop drug or alcohol addiction while pregnant and avoid treatment due to fear of stigma. They need a treatment center with non-judgmental staff that knows how to help them heal from addiction throughout pregnancy safely. They may also need assistance accessing adequate prenatal care.
- Women struggling with addiction who have children fear losing custody if they admit to substance abuse. They may also worry about who will look after their children if they enroll in a treatment program. These women may need an advocate to help them maintain custody of their kids and help with child care during treatment.
As you can see, women who need help for addiction may benefit most from specialized women’s rehab.
Should You Try a Florida Women’s Rehab Center?
If you need help with addiction, you may be wondering if you should choose a women’s rehab in Ormond Beach. Ask yourself the following questions to help you decide if a women-specific addiction treatment program may be your best option:
- Have you ever been a victim of sexual abuse? Are you involved in an abusive relationship? If either of these applies to you, you may feel safest in a women’s rehab.
- Are you pregnant? A women’s rehab will be the best equipped for women who are pregnant and struggling with addiction.
- Do you need help with childcare while you are in treatment? A women’s treatment center will be more likely to provide childcare services and can connect you with a caseworker if you need advocacy for custody.
In addition to the above, you may also just feel more comfortable in the company of other women in recovery. Many women find that they can open up more in group therapy in women-only rehab. When surrounded by other women who share your experiences with addiction, abuse, or motherhood, you may feel more engaged and get the most out of treatment.
Promises Five Palms: Safe, Welcoming Women’s Rehab in Ormond Beach
Nothing compares to the warm, welcoming environment of Promises Five Palms’ women’s rehab when you need help overcoming addiction. Our staff works hard to ensure your comfort as you heal from substance use disorder. You can be sure you will receive caring, non-judgmental support and guidance throughout your treatment. Reach out to us today at 1.844.675.1022 to learn how we can cater to your specific needs in recovery.