When you enroll in mental health and addiction treatment, you will participate in various forms of therapy. Each type presents its own purpose and benefits for your recovery. A group therapy program in Florida can be a critical component of any highly effective treatment program.
To receive the most thorough treatment for successful recovery, you can count on Promises Five Palms. We offer individual counseling, family therapy, and group therapy in Ormond Beach, Florida. Our caring staff goes above and beyond to help you achieve your mental health and addiction recovery goals. Reach out to us today at 1.844.675.1022 to learn more about how our group therapy program can help you overcome challenges in your recovery.
What Is a Group Therapy Program?
Most treatment facilities include therapy as part of their programs. Individual counseling is usually a given, which involves working one-on-one with a therapist to talk about your problems and develop solutions to make positive changes for recovery.
Facilities may also offer family counseling since addiction affects more than just the person using drugs or alcohol. This type of counseling allows family members to learn how to communicate better and set healthy boundaries.
While both of these types of therapy are excellent for helping the healing process, a Florida group therapy program is also integral to your recovery.
During a group therapy program:
- You attend regularly scheduled therapy sessions with your peers in recovery.
- A qualified therapist or counselor leads sessions.
- Relevant recovery topics are discussed, with group members sharing their struggles and accomplishments.
The main feature of group therapy is bonding with your peers in recovery and learning from their shared experiences. You support them, and they return the favor, so everyone realizes they are not alone in recovery.
The Benefits of a Florida Group Therapy Program
You may wonder if individual counseling is sufficient for your addiction treatment. Some people are concerned that some portions of their treatments are unnecessary or a waste of time. Often, they are simply frustrated because recovery is an ongoing process, and they may be dealing with uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms.
However, it is helpful to be patient and understand that addiction treatment programs are carefully designed to promote your recovery success. As part of your program, group therapy offers the following benefits:
- It provides a safe space to share your feelings and challenges without fear of judgment. Everyone else there is also trying to overcome mental health conditions or addiction.
- It teaches healthy communication skills. Many people struggling with their mental health or substance use disorder may isolate themselves, and their relationships suffer. Going through therapy as part of a group gives you chances to learn and practice better communication. You can use these skills to help improve relationships with your family, friends, and co-workers.
- It offers plenty of opportunities to learn how to navigate a sober lifestyle. While you will likely experience your own ups and downs and make some mistakes as you recover, you can also learn from your peers in recovery. They can share where they went wrong and what they would do differently, which can help you avoid some potential setbacks.
Remember that you get out of treatment what you put into it, so to get the most from a group therapy program, you must stay engaged and participate in the discussions. Show support for your fellow recovery peers and share your experiences so that they may learn from you as well.
Promises Five Palms: Supportive Group Therapy in Ormond Beach
When you need support to overcome mental health and addiction struggles, you can turn to Promises Five Palms. Our Florida group therapy program, combined with individual and family counseling, medication, and guidance, will have you on the road to healing in no time. Reach out to us today at 1.844.675.1022 with any questions about starting group therapy for mental health and addiction.