At My 5 Palms, our caring and compassionate team understands the challenges that come with addiction. We are dedicated to offering personalized, evidence-based substance abuse treatment programs. If you or a loved one are struggling with Roxicodone abuse, also known as “roxies” and often misspelled as “roxycodone,” it’s crucial to seek help immediately. Contact My 5 Palms online or call 1.844.675.1022 to learn what roxies are and how our substance abuse treatment programs can help.
What Are Roxies?
Roxicodone is a brand name for the drug Oxycodone. It’s an opioid medication used to treat severe pain. As a potent opioid, it can be highly addictive, leading to misuse and dependence. Abuse occurs when a person takes the medication in a manner or dose other than prescribed or takes someone else’s prescription.
What Are the Dangers of Roxycodone Abuse?
Roxicodone abuse poses significant risks and dangers, including:
- Physical health problems – Prolonged use can lead to health issues such as respiratory distress, heart problems, liver damage, and seizures.
- Psychological issues – Users may experience mental health disorders like anxiety, depression, and mood swings.
- Dependency and addiction – Over time, individuals may develop a physical and psychological dependence on the drug, leading to addiction.
Remember that roxies are an opioid, which makes this drug part of the burgeoning opioid crisis in the United States. In 2018 alone, there were more than 46,000 opioid-related overdose deaths in the US. It’s crucial to seek help if you are struggling with Roxicodone abuse or addiction.
Are Roxies Addictive?
Yes, roxies are indeed addictive. They work by altering the perception and response to pain in the brain, which can result in euphoria. These pleasurable effects can lead individuals to misuse the drug, risking dependency and addiction.
What Are the Signs of Roxycodone Abuse?
Recognizing the signs of Roxicodone abuse is the first step toward getting help. These signs can include:
- Taking more Roxicodone than prescribed or for more extended periods
- Expressing a constant need for the drug
- Neglecting responsibilities at home, school, or work
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when trying to cut back or stop using the drug
Note that sometimes, people struggling with addiction have Roxicodone prescriptions. Therefore, monitoring the use and ensuring individuals adhere to medical instructions is essential. If addiction develops, they may require a comprehensive substance abuse treatment program to overcome it.
Why Is Substance Abuse Treatment Essential?
Substance abuse treatment is crucial for overcoming addiction and regaining control over one’s life. My 5 Palms offers a range of specialized programs and services. These evidence-based approaches aim to address the root causes of addiction, providing individuals with the tools they need to achieve lifelong recovery.
In cases of opioid addiction, our substance abuse treatment programs may include the following:
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) – MAT involves using FDA-approved medications, such as Suboxone and Vivitrol, to help individuals manage withdrawal symptoms and cravings.
- Behavioral therapies – These include individual counseling, group therapy, family therapy, and other forms of psychotherapy designed to address the psychological aspects of addiction.
- Support groups – We provide access to support groups like Narcotics Anonymous (NA) and SMART Recovery to help individuals connect with others in recovery and receive ongoing support.
If you or a loved one is struggling with Roxicodone abuse, don’t hesitate to reach out for help. Our team at My 5 Palms is here to guide you through the recovery journey and provide the support and care you need every step of the way.
Enroll in Substance Abuse Treatment at My 5 Palms in Florida
At 5 Palms, we believe in the potential for change and recovery. Dealing with Roxicodone abuse can be challenging, but you don’t have to face it alone. Our caring and compassionate team is here to guide you every step of the way. If you or a loved one are struggling with substance abuse, contact us online or call 1.844.675.1022. Together, we can chart a path toward a healthier, substance-free future.